By Laura Barsanti,Paolo Gualtieri
A single-source reference at the biology of algae, Algae: Anatomy, Biochemistry, and Biotechnology, moment Edition examines an important taxa and buildings for freshwater, marine, and terrestrial types of algae. Its entire insurance is going from algae's ancient function via its taxonomy and ecology to its typical product possibilities.
The authors have accumulated an important quantity of recent fabric because the book of the 1st version. This thoroughly revised moment variation includes many adjustments and additions together with the following:
- All revised and rewritten tables, plus new figures, many in color
- A attention-grabbing new bankruptcy: Oddities and Curiosities within the Algal World
- Expanded info on algal anatomy
- Absorption spectra from all algal divisions, chlorophylls, and accent pigments
- Additional info on assortment, garage, and protection of algae
- Updated part on algal pollutants and algal bioactive molecules
The book's unifying subject matter is at the very important function of algae within the earth's self-regulating existence aid method and its functionality inside of restorative types of planetary future health. It additionally discusses algae's biotechnological purposes, together with capability dietary and pharmaceutical items. Written for college students in addition to researchers, academics, and execs within the box of phycology and utilized phycology, this new full-color version is either illuminating and encouraging.
Read Online or Download Algae: Anatomy, Biochemistry, and Biotechnology, Second Edition PDF
Similar marine biology books
This quantity is the second one within the sequence ideas in Aquatic Toxicology, that is meant to minimize to attainable protocols strategies which have been tested as priceless within the box. This quantity mirrors the 1st and features a mixture of verified concepts, in addition to lately built novel techniques.
Vertebrate evolution has resulted in the convergent visual appeal of many teams of initially terrestrial animals that now stay within the sea. between those teams are regularly occurring mammals like whales, dolphins, and seals. There also are reptilian lineages (like plesiosaurs, ichthyosaurs, mosasaurs, thalattosaurs, and others) that experience develop into sea creatures.
Echinoderms are an old and various team of marine animals with a wealthy fossil list. They take place abundantly in all smooth oceans and in any respect depths, the place they give a contribution importantly to styles in biodiversity and to the constitution and functioning of marine systems. it truly is consequently very important to appreciate how they are going to reply to a quickly altering ocean weather and different anthropogenic stressors, proficient by way of either the dynamics of the fossil checklist and responses of extant species.
The dietary advantages of marine wildlife are renowned. Fish and crustaceans offer top quality resources of amino acids—nutritionallyimportant proteins present in in simple terms small quantities in cereals and grains. meals and minerals in seafood can increase mind improvement and copy and there are robust hyperlinks among fish and middle healthiness.
- Marine Decapod Crustacea of Southern Australia: A Guide to Identification
- Feeding and Digestive Functions in Fishes
- The Biology of Lungfishes
- The Coral Reef Era: From Discovery to Decline: A history of scientific investigation from 1600 to the Anthropocene Epoch (Humanity and the Sea)
Additional info for Algae: Anatomy, Biochemistry, and Biotechnology, Second Edition
Algae: Anatomy, Biochemistry, and Biotechnology, Second Edition by Laura Barsanti,Paolo Gualtieri
- Cardiac Resynchronization Therapy - download pdf or read online
- Download PDF by P. Marco Fisichella,Marco G. Patti: Atlas of Esophageal Surgery